Thursday, October 18, 2007

100% weather


I have a slight weather habit. I don't get the weather channel or stay plugged into my local weather delivery station. I am just picky and have found the perfect weather broadcasting media for me - rainbow bright and super detailed. I just checked in to it to see when the best time would be to take a walk today. Unfortunately, we're not getting out of the dark green today and our 12 hour probability of precipitation is 100%. But check out the contrast between the purple (dark and light) snow patterns in Montana and our green marbling here on the wet side. Foggy days are nice too - the yellow really stands out. And the POP12 readings are like topographical maps of clouds. Thank you NOAA. http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/graphical/sectors/pacnorthwestWeek.php#tabs

We went to Arizona in March and in preparation I checked out the NOAA graphical for southeastern AZ. There were no colors. Was the website working? yes. But there was no weather there. Just the bland beige nothing that means "none". This picture shows the absence of weather. Makes you nervous doesn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.